At Educated Coaches, we have certain beliefs, ideas, and values that we want to get across in all that we do. Enjoy!!!
Educated Coaches WHY Statement
- Empower athletes, families, coaches, and organizations to create opportunities for lifetime success.
Educated Coaches Mission Statement
- To provide a positive educational resource for athletes, families, coaches, and organizations encouraging lifetime success through dynamic sport experiences
Educated Coaches Core Values
- Shares power, puts the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible. Servant leaders create a trusting and inclusive environment, have a humble attitude, and provide care and concern for the athletes they work with.
Intentional Positive Interaction
- A focused behavior in which respected, thoughtful interaction occurs between the athlete and their support group that is generally comprised of coaches, parents, other athletes, family members, and friends.
- The athlete, coach, and support group working together to form success goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time Bound. Defining success allows the participants to understand the process of winning for a lifetime.
Significant Outcome Goals
- Fun created throughout the experience leads to a passionate, dedicated participant and support group.
- Learning on and off the field which increases the opportunity for lifetime success.
Personal Development over Results
- Creating an appropriate training and game environment that promotes individual and team successes.
- Encourage a positive culture that ensures members of the group feel comfortable in making decisions on their own through leadership characteristics of clarity and trust.
- Increasing knowledge through appropriate developmental processes.
Effective Coach Attributes
- Provide a meaningful experience in which the coach is dedicated to the success of the athlete, the program, and the support group.
- Serve other coaches, athletes, and the support group to create an interactive relationship to enhance knowledge and build friendships.
- Secure enough to recognize weaknesses and seek the input and talents of others. Humble leaders learn, listen, serve others, open hearts, join, and connect.